The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
You would be joining the Embark Investments, the subsidiary specialising in investment funds and research, details of which can be found on www.embarkinvestments.co.uk
How will you make an impact as an Investment Management Analyst
You will be involved in all Investment Management Oversight (IMO) aspects of the Embark Horizon Funds. These are run by Embark Investments, as the Authorised Corporate Director (ACD), which operates with a substantially outsourced model.
The Horizon range comprises of five risk profiled funds, which more than £800m in assets. The IMO team is responsible for the oversight of the third-party suppliers for Strategic Asset Allocation, Risk Profiling (both by EValue) and Portfolio Management by Columbia Threadneedle.
Using thorough investment analysis, the role holder will help the Investment Management Oversight function to contribute to the ongoing success of the Horizon funds.
What your day will look like an Investment Management Analyst
- Assisting the Investment Management Oversight and Solutions Manager (IMOSM) to verify that the current investment products of the firm comply with the investment guidelines provided to the investment manager
- The IMO function covers all aspects related to evaluating the performance of the service providers, refining the investment policy and guidelines, as well as developing new products
- Benchmarking service providers, conduct peer group analysis, exercise performance attribution and assess the value-for-money proposition of the products
- Assist with developing substantial automation of processes, as well as optimizing visualization and reporting. This will require usual involvement with tools and languages such as Power BI (including DAX), Power Query, Power Automate
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- University degree in Economics, STEM or Business at Bachelor or Masters-level Coding and technological tool design ability with experience with Power BI, Power Query and Power Automate
- Knowledge of the investment fund industry, including CFA Level 1 or similar is advantageous
- Strong numerical skills, with a passion for research
- Capable of analysing problems and working with both internal and external teams to solve these
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with external stakeholders and counterparties
What's in it for you as an Investment Management Analyst
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
In addition to on the job training, Embark would support you in preparing for and passing the level 1, 2 and 3 CFA exams.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.