The Embark Group, (part of the Lloyds Banking Group) journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
This role joins Embark Investments a subsidiary of Embark Group specialising in investment funds and research, details of which can be found on www.embarkinvestments.co.uk
How will you make an impact?
As the Investment Management Analyst in the Investment Management Oversight team, you will be involved in overseeing the Investment aspects of the business, which operates with a substantially outsourced model, mainly focused around Horizon risk profiled range of funds, which holds over £700m in assets.
The team are responsible for the oversight of the third party suppliers of Strategic Asset Allocation, Risk Profiling and Portfolio Management. Heavily analytic, the role will help the Investment Management Oversight function to expand its remit in depth and breadth. The position a mixture of quantitative skills, knowledge of programming, and financial instruments acumen.
What your day will look like
- Assist the Head of Investment Management Oversight and Solutions to verify that the firms’ current investment products comply with the investment guidelines provided to the investment manager
- The function covers all aspects related to evaluating the performance of the service providers, refining the investment policy and guidelines, as well as developing new products which may come in the future
- Some of these functions include benchmarking those service providers, conducting peer group analysis, exercise performance attribution and assessment of value-for-money proposition of the products
- Assist with the development of substantial automation of processes
- Optimizing visualization and reporting. This will require usual involvement with tools and languages such as Power BI (inc. DAX), Power Query, Power Automate, as well as occasionally come coding in R or Python
- Work closely with clients, advisers and providers
- Maintaining databases and minute-taking in meetings and committees
What it takes to be successful in role
- Strong ethical compass. Seeking the best interest of the client/investor is at the core of all we do
- High numeracy skills, with a passion for research and the ability to "make data speak"
- Coding and technological tool design ability. With experience in (i) business intelligence tools, preferably Power BI (inc. DAX), Power Query and SQL, but experience in Tableau or Microsoft Access considered, and (ii) coding languages, preferably R and VBA, but other languages such as Python considered
- Ability to work to strict deadlines. Resilient under pressure, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of analysing problems and working with all parties to find a resolution
What makes you stand out
- University degree in Economics, STEM or Business desirable
- Knowledge and experience within the investment fund industry highly advantageous
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances;
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - Maternity, Paternity and adoption leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.