Vested, part of the Embark Group, is a modern and creative Employee Benefits Consultancy. We bring new ideas to help reinvigorate companies’ employee benefits provision. We provide high quality advice, support, solutions and products to employers. Our focus is on the medium and larger SME market, who already offer a range of benefits but are looking to re-energise their approach, develop their offering and use exciting technology to create efficiencies and improve the communication of benefits to employees.
How will you make an impact?
You will provide and manage the benefit system support services for our clients, responsible for managing client queries, collaborating with client managers, pension and protection and healthcare teams to; create and build benefit systems and specifications, producing system related communication packages, client training and reporting whilst continuously managing system related ongoing support.
You'll also bring an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving, be able to use own initiative, while also contributing to effective team working. As we are committed to continuous improvement, you'll also be expected to actively look for opportunities to be more efficient and improve the service provision of the team.
What your day will look like
- Assisting with creating benefit sites for clients, including branding adjustments and web page creation
- Assisting with configuring benefit rules following a detailed specification
- Providing proactive support for ongoing system services via the query ticketing system
- Contributing to the team’s maintenance of records on Vested’s databases (including Intelligent Office)
- Assisting with the client testing cycle for new site builds or benefits
- Establishing relationships with external software suppliers and providers by maintaining ongoing relationships
What will make you successful in role?
- Strong desire to learn our technology and develop skills to be able to quickly understand and resolve our client’s technical queries
- Possess good data diagnostic and analytical skills
- Proactive approach to client communication with experience of dealing directly with clients, managing expectations in a confident and professional manner
- Professional and clear communicator with the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of attention to detail
- High levels of drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation to cope with a fast-paced working environment going through significant change
- Sound knowledge of all Microsoft Applications
What makes you stand out?
Some knowledge of pension, group risk, healthcare and voluntary benefits would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employee.