The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Team Leader within our SIPP Operations division, you will demonstrate and apply a high understanding of the Embark Group, acting as the subject matter expert on our products, processes and procedures. You will lead a team responsible for servicing a portfolio of accounts, ensuring client queries are processed within SLAs, delivering against a vision for customer service excellence, whilst embedding new technology solutions and an optimised target operating model.
Assimilating complex and detailed technical information to present in a clear and comprehensive manner, to a variety of audiences including internal and cross-divisional/external stakeholders. Aiding clients in diagnosing problems, assisting them to explore improvements, playing a consultancy role supporting governance and operational capabilities.
You'll also mentor individuals to take ownership for their careers, identifying development opportunities, setting meaningful and inspiring personal objectives, cultivating a self efficient and continuous improvement culture.
What your day may look like
- Oversight of productivity, quality monitoring and team performance
- Committing to and demonstrating ongoing professional development to ensure the ability to deliver detailed support across technical pension administration functions, regulatory evolution and business proposition developments
- Day to day relationship management with key operational contacts
- Escalation subject matter expert for the team, helping and resolving complex queries
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are managed and met
- Processing DSARs and member information requests
Team competence and delivery as well as development and coaching
- Productivity and absence management
What will make you successful in role
- Proven SIPP/SSAS regulatory and legislative knowledge
- Experience working within regulatory frameworks (GAD rules, HMRC).
- A Customer Service leader with practical people management skills, with the ability to set challenging goals, drive high performance and nurture high performing teams
- Experience of process transformation and supporting teams through change
- Proven ability to work at pace in an environment of complexity and time based pressure, retaining high levels of accuracy and control throughout.
What makes you stand out
Certificate in Financial Administration with further qualifications including CF4 / R04 / J07. Other relevant CII and CISI exams are also desirable
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
This role is considered Certified under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime as either requiring mandatory qualifications or being deemed as a role capable of providing significant harm' to customers. Due to this, successful candidates will be subject to enhanced levels of vetting, and required to complete a fitness and propriety attestation on commencement in role. Colleagues performing this role will be required to be complete a fitness and propriety attestation on an annual basis and will also be subject to additional routine criminal and credit checks.