The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Accounts Receivable Administrator, you will support the Finance team in the daily ledger accounting for multiple entities across the Embark Group. This will involve ledger maintenance, preparation and processing of accounts receivable invoices, ensuring fees are raised and collected from schemes on a timely basis and in line with the Group’s policies, support in the preparation of monthly financial records and support in development and ongoing reporting of the company’s financial controls.
As the business continues to evolve, you will support the development and enhancement of the Groups' financial reporting. This will require you to draw upon your emerging skills to help develop a 'best practice' approach to ledger management.
In addition, it will be a key part of the role to support and improve the financial control environment throughout the Group. Ensuring all reconciliations are completed and reviewed, risks and emerging issues documented for early discussion and making control / efficiency improvements throughout.
What your day may look like
- Production of sales invoices for processing onto the accounts receivable ledger
- Work with Operations and Finance to ensure that all billing activity operates efficiently and is fully connected to operational and financial systems
- Perform ad hoc MI, spotting trends within the business around the receivables / payables areas, identifying any areas of concern or control weaknesses
- Ensure that all billable activity is charged to the client accurately and timely
- Prepare billing analysis reports that allow the business to track expected vs. actual billing activity. Identifying anomalies against expected fee income, tracking back to assessing corrective actions and potential root cause impact on the business
- Ensure that all outstanding fees are collected from clients as they fall due
What will make you successful in role
- Proven experience within Accounts Receivable or similar finance support function
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Professional and clear communicator with the ability to build strong relationships
- Possess good diagnostic, analytical and process skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to support and design a strong financial control environment
What makes you stand out
Proactive thinker with a natural desire to improve and enhance coupled with a positive work ethos, desire to make a difference and see tasks to completion.
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees