The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Content Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing the content strategy to support the marketing and media objectives, managing all content produced for the platform pensions and investment businesses.
Reporting to the Group Head of Marketing, you will work closely with the business area marketing leads, writing and producing material for both internal and external audiences using the full range of available channels, both on and offline, to drive increased awareness and consideration of our brands in support of the sales process.
This is a hands-on delivery role and you will also be required to create and/or curate content in multiple formats for client communications and for use at events, in sales pitches, for marketing and thought leadership pieces, and will be responsible for pushing this out across internal and external channels.
Our goal is to be the leading digital retirement solutions provider in the UK, front of mind for target clients and strategic partners. We plan to set the standard and drive the agenda for our profession – so you can be sure of a challenging and exciting career.
What your day may look like
- Organise and manage subject matter expert groups within business functions to create and maintain editorial calendars, produce and commission content, and promote content both internally and externally across all relevant channels.
- Manage editorial calendar to ensure timely publication / production of all material
Self-produce or assign agreed content to writers/producers and manage through to delivery
- Interview key stakeholders and subject matter experts to produce articles and thought leadership content.
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication and review, ensuring consistency with business and marketing objectives
- Oversee production of all content, following consistent sign-off (e.g. compliance) process
- Identify gaps in content, follow industry-related news, and recommend new topics
- Coordinating with marketing and design teams to develop content and ensure presentation in an engaging manner
- Create and implement marketing campaigns, to increase content engagement with our target audiences via all channels, establishing KPIs and analysing metrics, to drive future engagement improvement
- Evaluate web analytics to drive greater engagement with content to (e.g. dwell time and bounce rates)
- Coordinate and inform keyword and SEO research to understand customers’ needs
- Review and update published content as needed (including calendarising regular updates)
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Content management and production experience within a financial services environment.
- Proven experience in content origination and marketing, working with external and internal stakeholders to develop messaging, create content, produce sales materials and internal support materials.
- Experience developing compelling multi-channel marketing content for presentations, sales and distribution support, events and campaigns
- Excellent communication skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience using current digital marketing tools and techniques and developing content for web and social media
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands concurrently, with a sense of urgency to meet demanding timescales.
- Strong internal client management skills - the ability to take a brief and develop relevant solutions.
- An ability to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and experience working with external agencies on PR, content and design.
What makes you stand out
A background in journalism coupled with strong knowledge of financial services and the financial advice market is desirable.
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees