The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management within multiple work streams as part of a business and change programme, ensuring delivery to time, quality and cost objectives.
The role will mainly focus on Application Development projects but may also incorporate elements of Infrastructure and Business Process change. You will be required to effectively manage all aspects of assigned projects including planning, monitoring, control, reporting and communication to achieve successful implementations, delivered to the required quality, time and budget.
Our goal is to be the leading digital retirement solutions provider in the UK, front of mind for target clients and strategic partners. We plan to set the standard and drive the agenda for our profession – so you can be sure of a challenging and exciting career.
What your day may look like
- Successfully execute change projects to agreed schedules, budgets and scope
- Management of multi-disciplined Project Teams with budgets of up to c£500k
- Perform the relevant project management activities - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close, and the supporting activities i.e. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication and stakeholder management
- Plan for and manage change and risks
- Report on variances to the approved project baseline
- Close the project to formalise acceptance of the project result and release project resources
- Interface and communicate with project team, management, stakeholders, partner and suppliers
- Perform stage gate reviews and quality assurance reviews
- Deliver projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Plan and support project QA testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, and test results review activities with key personnel, project sponsors and stakeholders
- Work with the business users and business/technical analysts across the architecture, development and infrastructure teams to facilitate creation of functional and non-functional requirements, gaining business signoff prior to development
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Experience of managing projects with personal responsibility for delivering to time and cost typically more than £500k in value and 6 months in duration
- Experience delivering application development projects with exposure across the full project life cycle.
- Proven knowledge of recognised project management methodology, best practices and tools
- Ability to challenge requirements/decisions/estimates/status reports to ensure stakeholders have the right information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including negotiation, stakeholder management)
- Prince2 qualifications desirable
What makes you stand out
Experience of working within the private pensions industry is highly desirable
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees