The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Senior Operations Transformation Consultant you will perform a pivotal role in supporting the delivery and identification of continuous improvements in the business, with the function a central liaison point between Operations and various Embark Central functions as well as the entity’s material outsourcer ensuring that business processes are optimised and client service excellence is at the forefront of the way we do business. You will possess the SME skills and independent thought to work on more complex initiatives confidently.
You will ‘dive into the detail’; supporting both the function and the wider operations, solving problems, identifying the issues that require further escalation and supporting the delivery of Change initiatives in a safe and regulatory compliant manner. You will assist the Operations Transformation Manager with oversight and support of junior resource and collation of Management Information.
What your day may look like
- Support in the identification of areas of potential improvement, including documenting potential solutions considering all available information and constraints.
- Engage with the wider business to ensure solutions remain aligned with the company goals and business requirements
- Recommending and supporting the implementation of end to end solutions
- Ability to analyse and optimise processes.
- Ability to analyse requirements, design and implement effective control framework for target operating model.
- Identifying and liaising with project / task stakeholders on an ongoing basis on more complex initiatives including scoping of change and risks
- Support with the production of project and communication documents / reports in a professional manner.
- Adhering to relevant methodologies and standards to meet the needs of a fast paced changing business.
- Ability to interact with B2B partners to develop and implement multi-product, multi-channel platform based solutions.
What it takes to be successful in role
- Platform experience within Operations or Business Change
- Experience of working on a large programme of business change
- Self-motivation and a track record of working to a high personal and professional standard
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of independent thinking and working on more complex change initiatives
- Experience coaching/supporting junior team members
- Len six sigma or equivalent process optimisation qualification
- Recognised professional Business Analyst or other project discipline related qualifications (e.g., PRINCE 2) desirable
What's in it for you
In return, we can offer a permanent contract, core hours 9-5, Mon-Fri, with the tools, training, and support required to succeed. Agile working is also important to us, we want to enable our people to work in the most effective way whilst ensuring they have a rewarding career coupled with a healthy work/life balance.
You’ll be joining a vibrant, dynamic working culture and be a part of a unique network of like-minded colleagues. So, if you are a person who loves technology, want to implement and improve end to end solutions and solve problems every day, Embark Group is the place for you.
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave, and 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees