The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Oversight Manager, you will be responsible for providing expert Oversight and technical support to the Group as well as supporting the Group CASS Function.
You will lead and motivate the Oversight team, ensuring that all individuals are adequately trained to provide safe and effective delivery of Oversight activities and controls, through supporting their development, identifying knowledge gaps and documenting personalised SMART objectives to ensure continuous performance improvement.
You will also act as a subject matter expert in relation to the operational effectiveness of the controls in place to process and segregate client assets. Providing direction and opinion regarding effective implementation of any enhancements to controls or process.
What your day may look like
- Completion of quality assessments over activities and controls performed by the Oversight team
- Ensure that all processes and controls within area of responsibility meet both the regulatory requirements and are timely and accurately completed by the Oversight team.
- Conducting regularly reviews of third-party performance to ensure adherence to Sla's, KPI's and completeness of controls.
- Conducting regular reviews of the Internal System Evaluation method attestations that are in place and making recommendations for enhancement and follow through to implementation.
- Provide accurate and timely management information to the Head of Oversight and Senior Managers to ensure awareness of areas of risk which may result in third party/operational adverse trends
- Maintaining effective relationships with key management throughout the Operations function so as to effectively assess how changes to the model which may impact the Oversight requirements.
- Managing and supporting delivery of CASS audits, including relevant auditor visits and requests.
- Supporting Head of Oversight by providing relevant input to the regulatory change forum in relation to changes to the UK regulatory regime CASS.
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Demonstrable Financial Services operational management experience
- Good front and back office operations exposure
- Understanding of the current regulatory environment with detailed knowledge of operating in a CASS environment
- Knowledge of UK banking and PRA regime preferable
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave, and 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working?
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees