The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and is now one of the largest retirement solutions providers in the UK. Operating from seven locations across the UK we work closely with financial advisers and leading financial institutions to help them deliver long-term savings and investment solutions to their customers. We are a technology-led business that provides an investment platform and a wide range of digital investments, pensions and workplace solutions.
From 2019 to 2022 we have been continuously been recognised by the WealthTech100 as one of the most innovative financial technology companies. Embark is part of Lloyds Banking Group, a leading UK based financial services group providing a wide range of banking and financial services to personal and commercial customers, with more than 58,000 colleagues and 26 million customers.
How will you make an impact?
As head of Embarks digital marketing channels you will be responsible for determining the channel strategies, processes, tools, and digital marketing techniques used across Embark and all its business lines to engage its key audiences and leverage content across multiple digital channels.
You will own and develop Embarks digital channel strategy including existing channels (websites, content management systems, social media, CRM, email), evaluating and implementing new channels, as well as ensuring appropriate reporting, governance & controls in line with ensuring appropriate customer outcomes and a compelling and engaging user experience.
You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Group’s strategic business drivers and your role will also include developing and managing commercial relationships with IT, external suppliers, and strategic partners with digital channel requirements on behalf of the Group.
You will directly lead, develop, and grow a small high-performing team, based in multiple locations, responsible for digital channel management, in line with Embarks HR standards, and provide leadership and direction to the content management team and business marketing teams to design and drive best in class digital engagement to achieve our business goals.
What your day will look like
- Development and management of Embarks digital channels strategy, digital real estate (Inc. websites, social medial channels, and tools), the digital development roadmap and plan.
- Initiating ideas and strategies to maximise engagement with our target audiences via digital channels, overseeing the creative development process, utilising the services of external agencies and internal design team.
- Managing, creating, curating, and publishing content across all digital and social channels, ensuring it is relevant, timely and accurate, aligned to the Group strategy and growth priorities.
- Lead digital representative on change programmes ensuring any implications to the marketing digital channels framework are implemented and communicated to key stakeholders including proposition, legal, compliance, and business representatives.
- Oversight and management of the digital supply chain including management of external relationships including development agency, alongside other external agencies providing infrastructure and support to the digital supply-chain including software and tools.
- Management and ongoing monitoring of Embarks digital channels in alignment with industry standards, ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and any breaches or risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ownership and development of digital processes, policies and procedures, user training and the establishment of key controls and MI reporting, ensuring all stakeholder, risk and control requirements are met.
- Establish KPIs and regular analysis and reporting of ROI and effectiveness of all marketing digital channels ensuring our internal reporting, audit and risk requirements are met.
- Maintain the high standards and production quality of all digital content, adhering to FCA treating customers fairly and financial promotions guidelines, ensuring appropriate business, technical, legal and compliance approvals.
- Lead, manage, motivate, coach, and develop the Marketing Digital Channels Manager and Digital Design Executive, and recruitment and expansion of the team to support the future change roadmap, supporting team members with their learning and development needs in adherence with the Groups HR policies and performance management processes.
- Support the Group Head of Marketing with the development and implementation of firmwide marketing initiatives, deputising for them as appropriate and lending support / advice to junior Marketing colleagues when required.
What will make you successful in role?
- A proven track record of B2B and multi-channel marketing in financial services, customer journey mapping
- Extensive experience in digital strategy, design and implementation including project/change management
- Experience establishing digital supply chain, with external agency procurement and management covering all aspects of website design, development, optimisation, customer journeys and tools, including:
- Technical CMS management (WordPress an advantage)
- Analytics implementation and reporting management
- SEO implementation
- Digital customer journey and proposition development
- Digital content management and production techniques
- CRM, email, and marketing automation (Salesforce and Pardot an advantage)
- Social media strategy and channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills to be credible and confident operating across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands concurrently, with independent judgement to determine purpose, design, commercial benefit of any brief and a sense of urgency to deliver.
- Strong client management skills, able to orchestrate and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and external agencies
- Solid management skills, ability to build, lead and develop multi-location-based teams
- Successful track record in developing digital marketing and social media strategies that drive results
What makes you stand out?
The successful candidate will be an experienced, strategic, and creative digital marketer, with strong attention to detail and excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills to be credible and confident operating across all levels of the organisation.
As a senior member of the marketing team, you will act as a role model and custodian of the Group’s brand, culture and values and create a positive, cohesive team and working environment, and a culture of collaboration across the function. You will work closely with business stakeholders, IT, proposition, and distribution teams to deliver the commercial outcomes sought, support cross-selling and execute all activities and communications in line with Group standards. You will also support and deputise for the Group Head of Marketing with the development and implementation of Group-wide marketing initiatives.
You will be confident working with technical product information and distilling complex information into engaging content and digital journeys You will seek to understand the commercial outcomes sought by the business and be confident how to translate this into a digital marketing strategy that is compelling to a diverse audience.
A proven track record of B2B and multi-channel marketing in financial services, customer journey mapping and current best practice is essential, along with a keen interest in emerging digital risks and trends.
What's in it for you?
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave, and 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Embark Group employee discounts
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant, and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens, and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information, and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.