The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, emploee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As a Subject Matter Expert, you will provide informed HR consulting to leadership and key stakeholders to ensure that the firm and people plans and priorities are aligned for success.
Utilising robust management information, you will provide insight, challenge and provide solutions to operations on key people issues to stimulate behavioural change and the prioritisation of action to drive improvement against the people priorities.
You will work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to ensure the successful deployment of our people processes including compensation, engagement, performance management, talent and succession.
This role will be key in building the exciting vision of the Group across multiple subsidiaries, in both regulated and non-regulated environments. Creating sustainable value through the development and deployment of a People Plan focused on transformational and cultural change coupled with a focus on talent growth and retention, providing a great opportunity to make a real difference as we continue our growth story as part of Lloyds Banking Group.
What your day may look like
- Proactively work as part of the HRBP team and wider HR team, partnering leadership teams to understand the underlying people issues
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, develop and agree strategies which drive increased performance and employee engagement.
- Identify the future people and resourcing requirements of the business in order to plan for the recruitment, performance, development and succession of internal and external talent.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues to ensure delivery of HR support to the business including HR operations, recruitment, learning and development, payroll and reward.
- Interpret and manage HR MI to highlight trends, risks and issues, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Proactive involvement and delivery of change management and business improvement projects, supporting the business with all people-related matters.
- Day to day management of the HR administration team, ensuring the effective and accurate delivery of HR operations in line with agreed service levels.
- Proactive employee relations and casework management, whilst coaching HR team members to support managers.
- Coach line managers in leadership, people management and sensitive or complex HR issues.
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Relevant HR business partnering and/or HR operations experience, ideally with supervisory or managerial experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with the credibility to influence and objectively challenge at all levels
- Demonstrable understanding of employment law
- Financial Services experience is advantageous, together with understanding of the regulatory framework
- Broad change management skill set, combined with the ability to apply project management principles
- As a multi-site company, there will be a requirement to spend time with the client group and to travel on occasion
- Ideally working toward or having achieved CIPD Level 5
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What's in it for you
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave
- 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working?
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees