The Embark Group, (part of the Lloyds Banking Group) journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
What your day may look like
Your role as Service Desk Analyst will consist of IT infrastructure support which entails being the first line support for all incoming IT Infrastructure requests including both hardware and operating system support, and application support covering all existing bespoke or COTS applications used by the Group.
In both aspects, your workload will be based on support tickets raised in our IT Service Desk system and involving you supporting staff over the phone, via email and face-to-face to resolve their hardware and software related issues.
How will you make an impact
Providing end-user IT support via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face
- Ability to escalate enquiries where required
- Providing regular updates and feedback to customers on outstanding calls
- Management, prioritisation and ownership of tasks, requests, problems and incidents throughout the service provision and lifecycle, all in accordance with agreed service levels
- Offering recommendations for the resolution and improvement of the IT service
- Measurement of customer satisfaction with IT services
- Service Desk system administration
- Correction of data corruption errors and application failures
- Liaising with third party suppliers regarding resolution of application failures
- Control of key system configuration parameters
- Responsible for keeping application software levels and patches up to date
- Maintenance of test environments
- Responsible for reports catalogue, the definition, production, operation and support of scheduled reports, and ad hoc user requests
- Build and configuration of new equipment for new users; provide support for office moves
- Management of user accounts and access security
- Management of the office phones/voice mail across all the offices
- Management of the accounts for company mobile phones
- Management of building access proximity cards
What it takes to be successful in role
- Proficient in the installation and support of desktop hardware and peripherals
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Office 365) products
- Familiarisation with desktop PC support
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Ability to multi task and work to meet deadlines under pressure, maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptionally proactive nature, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating
- Clear communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in an IT support or customer service related role is essential
- Degree in a related subject (e.g. Business, Computed Science or IT)
- ITIL Foundation Level or above preferred
What makes you stand out
- Experience in a Development role is highly desirable
- Experience in a Financial Services business is desirable
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances;
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave, and 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.