The Embark Group, (part of the Lloyds Banking Group) journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
What your day may look like
As a Platform Support Analyst you will be providing 2nd level support across the Embark Group software applications.
No two days are the same, some days you will be interrogating the database to try and find why a process has not completed as expected. The next day you could be writing a script to enhance an existing process or creating a new process or report for an end user.
We work with a number of 3rd parties and get involved in lots of different areas of the business, we help keep the lights on and we improve where we can!
Problem solving is a way of life, if you enjoy getting to the root of the issue and making sense of the unusual you will enjoy this role.
How will you make an impact
- Providing operational and technical support of platform systems
- Point of contact for the Business for technical issues, owning and providing updates
- Developing data and / or configuration fixes where appropriate
- Root cause analysis
- Interfacing with IT change management and business application support to ensure environments are available and accurate
- Adherence to change and configuration management process
- Perform proactive monitoring and event management to reduce the impact of incidents
- Support production deployments for all releases and technical defect triage and resolution for projects
- Supporting the development, deployment and delivery of processes and procedures and project related training
What it takes to be successful in role
Report Manager/Power Bi
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment with a flexible and adaptable attitude towards the projects and stakeholders
- Intellectually curious and a problem solver
- Expert knowledge in platform functionality
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Development background, understanding of one or more of the following: SQL Server, .NET, SSIS packages, ASP.NET
What makes you stand out
- Formal qualifications are desirable but not necessary
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances;
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.