The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Financial Crime Analyst, you will support activity that ensures EISL has systems and controls in place necessary to confirm compliance with all money laundering rules and regulations.
What your day may look like
- Promoting financial crime risk management and compliance best practice across EISL through proactive oversight of 1st line processes and controls.
- Acting as a SME and conduit between the 1st line operations teams in EISL and the 2nd line Risk and Compliance function.
- Assisting with the provision of financial crime training to staff on the regulatory requirements applicable to the firm.
- Assisting with the analysis and implementation of new and proposed changes in financial crime regulatory requirements.
- Overseeing the 1st line SAR escalation process ensuring data quality.
- Maintaining appropriate records as required by the relevant regulations and departmental procedures.
- Communicating updates of the financial crime framework to the business.
- Providing independent challenge to business management on their assessment of financial crime risks, design of controls and mitigating actions, proactively proposing and implementing solutions to business issues.
- Assist the identification of control weaknesses and recommendation of procedures to improve financial crime risk management and operational controls across the business.
- Testing financial crime related processes and controls, both as part of the annual Regulatory Risk Assurance Plan, Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) and on an ad hoc basis.
- Reporting test findings and actions to enhance the control framework.
- Collating and reconciling management information (MI) from various sources.
- Managing departmental queries/ mailboxes and subsequent referral where appropriate.
- Lead 1st line activities in relation to ongoing due diligence /remediation projects and adviser due diligence.
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Appreciation of FCA legislation and the JMLSG rules and guidelines applicable to the Group.
- Previous compliance or financial services experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Educated to Higher or A Level standard.
- A holder, or having willingness to undertake, an industry recognised AML/Financial Crime qualification.
What's in it for you
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave
- 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working?
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees