The Embark Group journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
How will you make an impact
As the Business Support Manager, you will provide support to the Group CFO and Deputy CFO on a wide range of areas, including CFO Reports to Board and other governance papers, business performance MI, special projects and initiatives that support the development of finance as a function.
Reporting directly to the Group CFO, you will work closely with the Deputy CFO and other with key stakeholders within the finance team and wider business. The role holder will quickly establish new relationships, build their knowledge of the business and develop core financial and non-financial skills. It would be a great opportunity for a Part or Newly Qualified Accountant to develop their skills and experience.
What your day may look like
- Coordinate the production of quarterly CFO reports and other submissions to the EGL and subsidiary Boards, engaging early where input is required and setting high standards (time and quality) for delivery
- Ensure the finance team are organised and prepared for key set piece events, including boards, other governance forums and other critical elements in the finance calendar e.g regulatory returns: annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting cycle
- Support the development of monthly performance MI pack, ensuring focus on the key drivers of sustainable performance by critically assessing actual performance and identifying areas for improvement (in both performance and MI)
- Support the CFO and Deputy CFO in the delivery of special projects and adhoc initiatives (finance and non finance related), including developing the required business outcomes, plan to achieve and aligning objectives across a variety of stakeholders
- Lead the development of and engagement in our functional plan, collaborating across the team to set out an engaging vision for the future and set of credible initiatives that align with the broader group vision & values
- Support the CFO in ensuring Finance remains compliant e.g mandatory training, operating with headcount and cost budget
Who you are and the experience we’re looking for
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Professional and clear communicator with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Numerically strong, with good diagnostic, analytical and process skills with the ability to work to work to deadlines
- Accountancy qualification an advantage (qualified or part qualified)
What's in it for you
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policy - 6 months’ full pay followed by 6 months at 25% pay for both maternity and adoption leave
- 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance x4
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working?
Our Edinburgh office, right in the heart of the City is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. A short distance from Princes Street, the West End and Haymarket and, is easily accessible by car, taxi, or bus.
Our Edinburgh office will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring our chosen charity Alzheimer Scotland. Fundraising is run locally through a variety of activities organised by our colleagues across the business and is supported at a Group level with fund matching, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees