The Embark Group, (part of the Lloyds Banking Group) journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
What your day may look like
As a B2B Manager you will be fully accountable for managing the inbound contacts. This will cover a variety of different channels such as telephone calls, emails, and webchat. You will also look after the post room function making sure that all mail is scanned and sent each evening on time.
You will have responsibility for ensuring that our customers get the best service, and this will be measured against KPIs and SLAs.
You will be flexible, quick thinking and knowledgeable as you will be required to make decisions quickly when problems arise and you will need to communicate your wishes to your staff in the most appropriate manner to meet client change and demand.
Responsible for headcount, recruitment of resource and any planning required. You will ensure that each new joiner has a training plan and you will in partnership with the Quality Assurance Manager to monitor their quality, development, and learning.
You will manage performance of staff and track productivity and adherence stats working within the performance management framework and provide monthly 121s and twice yearly appraisals. You will share success with your team and engage them on change.
To run a successful contact centre, staff holidays and sickness will be reviewed regularly with forecasting of call being re-adjusted so that the business is aware of expectations each day. You will seek help from other areas should your forecasting suggest that KPIs will not be achieved.
Reporting on events and producing clear and concise commentary supporting the contact centre position.
You will engage with staff regularly and review call reasons to understand drivers and reduce volume. Continually challenging and improving working practices.
You will operate within a framework that handles complaints at first touch and ensure that your team have sufficient tools to help them answer calls at first touch.
How will you make an impact
- Monitoring headcount and efficiency, you will establish headcount which is appropriate and required to meet objectives
- Planning and managing team workloads daily, prioritising activities to ensure efficiencies, service levels and quality standards are met, delivering a superior level of service to our customers
- Use knowledge of contacts to teach self-service and promote our website and other tools
- You will engage professionally with customers during planned meetings and attend ad-hoc meetings to give comfort and support
- Monitoring team efficiency, procedures, and controls, whilst striving for excellence by continually looking for ways to improve these, as well as individual and business performance
- Embed the appropriate professional standards of performance across the team to ensure a consistent and superior level of customer service
- Provide coaching and training for the team, sharing your personal experience and technical knowledge
- Building and maintaining strong and mutually respectful working relationships through excellent communication, to help the business deliver a better service, whilst ensuring excellent stakeholder management
- Apply and embed the appropriate Risk and Control frameworks across the team, ensuring that procedures, risks and controls are documented, communicated and understood
- Maintain a solid understanding of the competitor landscape and industry best practices and innovations, to be able to translate these into improvements within the team.
- Employ effective risk and cost management in line with department/function objectives
- Supporting the resolution of first line complaints
- Continuous development of people, process, and controls
- Continuous improvement of our client engagement approach, implementation, and delivery
- Drive efficiencies across all channels and systems
What it takes to be successful in role
- Experience of leading and driving a team to excellence
- Knowledge of the Financial Services environment and regulatory landscape
- Proven track record of managing high performing teams
- Solid experience of working in a customer centric culture
- Proven track record of delivering appropriate standards of consistently superior service
- Practical understanding of implementing, monitoring, and assuring and risk and control environment
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and their application.
- Professional qualification desirable IOC or equivalent (comparison with FCA handbook for appropriateness of qualification to role)
- Platform understanding
- Experience of delivering service through either Direct to Market, Intermediary or Corporate Relationships
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances;
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Family Leave Policies - Maternity, Paternity and Adoption
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Embark Group employee discounts
Where will you be working
Our newly refurbished office, right in the heart of Dundee is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Our Dundee HQ will support the community in more ways than one - by creating a wealth of new career opportunities and sponsoring a fleet of 400 rentable e-bikes, which you may have noticed docked throughout the City. A short walk from Dundee Station on the south of Union Street, it will be a key location for the Embark Group business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.