The Embark Group, (part of the Lloyds Banking Group) journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
What your day may look like
As Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Digital Engagement strategy for the platform and investment businesses. This will include the management of content for propositions websites, social media engagement planning and execution, monitoring of Embark social media channels and social media training. Also responsible for competitor monitoring and identifying best practice digital engagement. You will also manage the Adviser Gateway, an online microsite providing a single point of support for advisers providing access to key documents, information, client facing material and educational content. You will be responsible for the delivery and ongoing development of the service.
You will need to ensure that all content has the necessary compliance, business owner and legal approval, and is reviewed for accuracy on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and creative digital marketer, with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. You will work as part of a small but highly visible team and will focus on leading and delivering all digital marketing initiatives for the Embark platform and investment propositions, aligned with our growth priorities. You will work closely the marketing managers supporting the platform and investments businesses to align activities and support cross-selling and will be expected to collaborate effectively with central design and marketing digital development team to deliver digital materials and communications in line with group standards. From time to time you will also be required to support the Group Head of Marketing with Group-wide initiatives.
A thorough knowledge of B2B digital marketing and current best practice is essential. You will be confident working with technical product information and distilling complex information into engaging content. You will seek to understand the commercial outcomes sought by the business and be confident how to translate this into digital marketing activity. You will be able to communicate key messages to a diverse audience. Report on campaign activity and the effectiveness of digital initiatives will be key.
Excellent project management skills are a must, as is a proven track record in B2B and multi-channel digital marketing. The role requires you to have excellent influencing and communication skills to be credible and make an impact on senior stakeholders, as well as the ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Group’s strategic business drivers.
You will be enabled, and expected, to independently seek opportunities to develop and enhance the Embark Group brand and will have a passion to learn and develop.
Our goal is to be the leading digital retirement solutions provider in the UK, front of mind for target clients and strategic partners. We plan to set the standard and drive the agenda for our profession – so you can be sure of a challenging and exciting career.
How will you make an impact
- Day to day management and delivery of the marketing content for the platform and investments propositions websites and social media channels liaising directly with marketing colleagues, business stakeholders, proposition and sales teams
- Development and management of the marketing digital engagement plan and budget for the platform and investments businesses
- Advising and publishing content for specific campaigns and client engagement initiatives, ensuring it is relevant, timely and accurate, aligned to the Group strategy and our growth priorities.
- Responsibility for writing/advising and producing digital, ensuring appropriate business, technical, legal and compliance approvals
- Creating and implementing digital marketing initiatives to gain greater insight of our key clients (and their end clients), using the insight to refine our digital messaging and approach
- Reporting on digital activity and performance
- Introduce and manage effective tracking and reporting of digital engagement and activities
- Champion the use of social media across the Group, including education and defining best practice
- Supporting the marketing, business and sales teams in using digital channels to reach target audiences
- Initiating ideas and strategies to maximise engagement with our target audiences via digital channels.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently, ensuring deadlines are met and budgets managed.
- Managing and regularly auditing digital content
- Supporting the Group Head of Marketing with firmwide digital marketing and communication initiatives
What it takes to be successful in role
- Financial Services experience essential, institutional and/or investment platform digital marketing experience would be an advantage
- Experience in using word press and/or other CMS, Hootsuite and/or other scheduling tools, and Pardot and/or other email marketing tools
- Solid experience in B2B digital marketing, working with proposition and sales teams to devise engaging content, campaigns and functionality
- Experience in website design would be useful
- Experience developing compelling multi-digital channel marketing content for campaigns and on-going customer engagement, using email marketing techniques, social media (particularly LinkedIn), Google ads and Google analytics
- Good understanding of SEO and experience of using Vimeo or similar video hosing platform
- Creative thinking essential, basic design editing skills InDesign/HTML useful
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands concurrently, with a sense of urgency to meet client needs
- Strong internal client management skills - the ability to take a brief and develop relevant solutions
- Independent judgment to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion
- An ability to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with external agencies on PR, content and design
- Successful track record in developing digital marketing campaigns that drive results
- Experience of using Brighttalk or similar or similar webinar package would be advantageous
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances;
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Contributory pension scheme, 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance and income protection
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.