The Embark Group, (part of the Lloyds Banking Group) journey began in 2013 and we have grown to become one of the UK's largest retirement savings providers. Our capabilities span all types of pension, platform, investment research and consulting, property investment administration, employee benefits and actuarial services.
We have a strong track record of applying the very latest technology to our businesses, alongside smart capital and even smarter people to help each of our businesses grow.
What your day may look like
In your role, you will be supporting our operational platform team and Regional Sales Managers in partnering the IFA and professional intermediary market, resolving their queries and building their Platform and Technical knowledge.
You will support the wider platform team to achieve individual, regional and national business production targets and KPI's, while ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and governance standards.
As a Platform Technical Consultant you will provide a support service to Financial Advisers, clients and business partners (both internal and external), delivering an industry leading level of technical support, continuously identifying innovative solutions to improve operational efficiency and customer experience.
You will support your Manager in the daily work allocation for the team, preparation of MI, Complaints and complex/high touch case support to the wider business.
You will also provide technical support to our Client Contact team.
How will you make an impact
- Identify, create and deliver technical training to our colleagues, acting as technical consultant and trainer for our internal and external partners
- Analyse industry practises and suggest improvements within the operational teams, providing analysis and impact assessment relating to changes in regulations/legislation
- Provide technical support / guidance on all technical or complex client queries. Communicate and impart technical knowledge, including awareness of HMRC and legislative practices and changes relating to all business productsCollaborate with colleagues across the wider business to identify and resolve any challenges which would stop us meeting customer expectations
- Collaborate with colleagues across the wider business to identify and resolve any challenges which would stop us meeting customer expectations
- Have oversight of existing processes, reviewing and amending ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet legislative and business requirements driving continuous improvement
- Create and roll out new processes for the operations teams ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet legislative and business requirements driving continuous improvement
- Understand the key risks and controls within your team and the wider operational area and the ways in which these are managed
- Escalate appropriately any identified risks, whilst taking ownership of resolution and preventative actions a required
- Review client and adviser literature
- Represent the Technical team at project meetings, providing technical input
- Undertake all mandatory training
- Act as a role model to others adopting a professional and positive approach at all times
- Develop strong working relationships across the wider business to deliver a cohesive and professional service
- Collaborate with colleagues to achieve business goals
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Take personal accountability for personal development and proactively seek opportunities to develop, learn and assist colleagues in their development.
- Work closely with, and be flexible within, your team to ensure key daily tasks are completed
What it takes to be successful in role
- Exceptional client relationship skills, developed in technically complex environments
- Experience in providing technical support on SIPP/ISA/GIA/Trusts
- Exceptionally proactive, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating
- Project and change skills, ideally with prior experience of leading a workstream
- Excellent verbal and numeracy skills and ability to communicate in a confident, professional and sincere manner
- Ability to lead meetings and individuals communicating professionally at all levels
- Ability to review and improve processes
- Collaboration with colleagues across the wider business to identify and resolve any challenges which would stop us meeting customer expectations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities
- Actively engaged in Continued Professional Development
- High degree of flexibility and proactive approach
- Wrap platform experience desirable
You will display strong leadership and confident communication skills as well as excellent technical knowledge of our product suite (SIPP/ISA/GIA/Trusts)
Engagement with your Continued Professional Development and understand the need to keep up to date with regulation and Tax Year End driven changes is also required. You will be required to undertake and complete the IOC (Investment Operations Certificate) via CISI, in line with our Training and Competency framework.
Strong team working skills along with good written and verbal communication skills are fundamental to the role.
What makes you stand out
- Wrap platform experience desirable
What's in it for you
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan, life assurance and flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances;
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with an opportunity to buy and sell
- Birthday leave
- Enhanced Family Leave Policies
- 4 weeks’ full pay for paternity leave
- Contributory pension scheme, with 5% employer contributions
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Annual company and performance-based bonus
- Study support
- Embark Group employee discounts
Embark Group is a growing, vibrant and exciting place to work, we have many social and wellbeing initiatives which ensures we keep our sense of community alive even during challenging times. Our culture is described by our employee’s as one that communicates, listens and involves its people at every level.
We enable our people to work with a positive joint purpose and go the extra mile. We know each other, share information and stay connected. Our people are proud to be part of a culture where we do the right thing by everyone who we are connected with. Our DNA is what makes the Embark Group a great place to work.
Embark Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.