Embark Group Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Embark Group Limited of 5th Floor, 100 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6EU.
Embark Group will collect personal information about you such as your name and address (“Personal Data”). Embark Group will be the Data Controller as defined under UK Data Protection legislation and regulations.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. This includes:
- Where you have provided positive consent to the company
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the firm or to take steps to enter into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation
- The company has a legitimate interest upon which the data may be processed. Any decision to process data on the basis of legitimate interest will be made on a case by case basis and in line with the guidance set out in UK Data Protection legislation.
We may disclose your personal data to other companies within the Embark Group of companies as well as companies in Lloyds Banking Group; we may also share your personal data with third parties which provide services in connection with the administration of your account.
We may also share your Personal Information for legitimate business reasons or as may be required by applicable law and regulations with your Financial Adviser, third parties appointed by your Financial Adviser, third party investment managers, and product providers with whom you or your Financial Adviser instructs us to invest.
We may disclose your Personal Information to a credit reference agency in order to verify your details both during the application process and the ongoing administration of your account. This information will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering and to check your identity. Any checks performed may be recorded on your credit history.
We will disclose your Personal Information to any governmental, legal or regulatory body if required to do so by applicable law and regulation.
We may need to disclose sensitive Personal Data about you to third parties, such as information relating to your health where required to do so to give effect to an instruction from you or your Financial Adviser in respect of your account
We may need to transfer your Personal Data to another country, in which case we will ensure that your Personal Data is afforded the same level of protection as is required under UK Data Protection legislation and regulations prior to sending your Personal Data.
We will otherwise keep your personal information confidential and never use it for any other purpose or pass your details to any third parties without your consent.
We will retain your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary to provide the services under the Terms and Conditions applicable to the account and to meet any legal or regulatory obligations that may apply.
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection laws, including:
- the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. When you request this information, this is known as making a Subject Access Request (SAR). In most cases, this will be free of charge, however in some limited circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we may apply an administration fee;
- the right to have personal information we hold about you transferred securely to another service provider in electronic form;
- the right to have any inaccurate personal information corrected;
- the right to have any out of date personal information deleted once there’s no business need or legal requirement for us to hold it;
- the right to object or restrict some processing, in limited circumstances and only when we don’t have legitimate grounds for processing your personal information;
- the right to object to your personal information being used to send you marketing material. We will only send you marketing material where you’ve given us your consent to do so. You can remove your consent at any time.
If you have any questions regarding how the firm uses the data it collects please contact:
The Group Data Protection officer
The Embark Group
100 Cannon Street
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of how we have managed your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. For further details of your rights under the UK’s data protection legislation and regulation please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
By signing the application form, you consent to the use of your Personal Information for the purposes and on the terms set out above. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Job applicant privacy
If you are a job applicant, please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, which we have established in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Download a copy here.